A Weekend in Myrtle Beach
July 4, 2012
Myrtle Beach, SC. Not only is it the location of our wedding, but it is one of the most popular vacation spots on the East Coast! There is a TON to do in the area, but we want you to know what really is worth your time… so we’ve narrowed it down to our absolute favorites. If we had only three days to spend in Myrtle, here is what we would do:
Day 1 (Friday):
- Rent a car at Enterprise Rent-A-Car. You will be glad you have one!
- Get a taste of Murrells Inlet’s famous seafood at Bliss Restaurant & Lounge. While you are there, don’t forget to unwind on the MarshWalk, listen to a live band, and watch the sunset over the bay.
Day 2 (Saturday):
- If you are staying at the Robertson’s motel, get a free deluxe continental breakfast (Madi recommends the biscuits and gravy!).
- Go to the beach! And don’t forget your sunscreen.
- Come to our wedding at Atayala Castle! Cry, laugh, dance, eat, and be a part of us beginning our life together.
Day 3 (Sunday):
- If you aren’t still full from last night, the free breakfast still applies =) If you’re seeking some variety, try Akel’s House of Pancakes ((843) 449-4815).
- Walk the brand-new BoardWalk and Promenade. Buy a cheap t-shirt, play an arcade game, or just enjoy the ocean breeze with an ice-cream cone.
- Get some seriously good eats at Mr. Fish. It’s a “hole-in-the-wall” and the name says it all.
- Dine at Villa Romana. It’s the best Italian food on the beach and where we had our first date.
- Check out Broadway at the Beach, where you can shop, catch a movie, or zipline across the lake. It’s kinda like Downtown Disney, South Carolina style.
We hope you enjoy your time at the beach! Let us know if you have any questions on what else to do… we’d LOVE to give suggestions.
And for all of you who are technologically inclined, here is a map with all of the places below: